skip to navigation »

Park Colonnade


The Park Colonnade from the Viennese architects Fellner and Helmer served at the end of the 19th century as the mall of the Blanenský pavilion. Although the pavilion was demolished in the 60s of the 20th century, the cast-iron colonnade is standing until today. This is mainly due to the reconstruction in 2002.

Even though the colonnade as we know it today is only a fraction of the original building from the year 1880, it is still an important example of the cast-iron architecture of the 19th century. It adorns not only the adjacent Dvořák Park, but also the entire Karlovy Vary spa area.

Three therapeutic springs can be found directly under the roof of the Park Colonnade or in its vicinity.

Snake Spring
30 °C
The spa guests have been encountering this spring since the year 2001; it contains fewer minerals than other sources, but it has larger quantities of CO2. The spring comes out from the snake’s mouth right in the Park Colonnade.
Park Spring
47,4 °C
This spring burst out during excavation of the foundation pit for the Military Spa Institution in the middle of the 19th century. The spring comes out in the MSI area next to the Colonnade. It is accessible every day from 6:00 AM to 6:30 PM.
Freedom Spring
60 °C
This spring was discovered in the second half of the 19th century during the construction of the Spa III. It was given its current name at the end of the World War II. It was previously known as the Spa Spring and then it was named after the Emperor Franz Joseph I. The bower with the spring is situated between the Spa III and the Mill Colonnade.

Come to Karlovy Vary for treatment and discover the healing power of thermal springs.
Selection of spa programs »
Selection of wellness programs »


Choose from a wide selection of accommodation in Karlovy Vary »


Contact data

Address: Dvořákovy sady, Karlovy Vary


Virtuální infocentrum Karlovy Vary

Habrová 1445
363 01 Ostrov

Tel.: +420 773 378 559